Friday, February 12, 2010

13 hours of SNOW!!!


It finally happened...we got a real snowfall in Texas. It started around 3am Thursday and snowed the entire day. Schools were NOT canceled so I got to spend the day with my kids!

We had fun watching the snow fall and of course, playing in it for a little while! It was so exciting for all of us. I mean, it's not very often we get to see snow falling in Texas...well, falling and acumulating!!!
I left school at a record time yesterday...3:03! I got into a bit of traffic so it took me almost 45 minutes to get home versus the usual 20 minutes or less. Once I did make it home, Tom was not far behind me and we bundled up and took Maggie outside to play!




We stayed in last night and ordered pizza and relaxed. I started working on my Valentine's for my students and waited to get the call that school was called off. I didn't know that it would be almost 9:30 (late for me) to get that notice! I then called it a night and went to bed. I was up early this morning though and ready for round 2 of snow fun! I made homemade waffles, turkey sausage and fresh berries for breakfast and Tom, Maggie and I headed out!






Not sure if I will ever see 12.5 inches of snow in Texas again so while it's here I'm going to enjoy it!!! Now on to the kitchen to make some yummy snow cream!!! Yum!

1 comments:

Becky said...

I know! Can you believe we got all that snow...it's crazinesss! I think our neighborhood has turned into a river today because it all melted! LOL!

Post a Comment

I Like Them

Our Visitors!

Follow Me!

Follow cward13 on Twitter
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved