Tuesday, December 1, 2009

And Your Reason Is?

So, I did get up on Friday to do a little black Friday shopping however, the parking lots got the best of me and I only went to Home Depot. Well, I decided I would run a few errands yesterday after work and I went to Target in search of a bread machine. You know, those popular devices from the early 90's that were in every woman's kitchen, well, they are now extinct...at least at Target they are. I'm going to have to look at Walmart this week. I need one for next week to make bread with my Kindergartners. I had one at one point but I left it at a former school and it hasn't ever been returned to it's rightful owner! If you know where I can find one, PLEASE let me know so I'm not on a wild goose chase!
So the story goes on...I stopped off at Bath and Body Works to pick up a couple of candles. I heart the twisted peppermint candles! I go in, I spy the candles and I pick up two since the sign said 2 for $20. I go to the register with my purchases and the lady gives me my $45 total. I looked at her like she had just told me an overwhelming story about how I won the lotto or something and then proceed to tell her, "I'm not paying that." Yes, you heard me friends, "I'm not paying that." I informed her of the sign and she said, "Could you show me where that is?" I lead her little sassy pants right over to the candles and she said, "that sign is leftover from our sales over the weekend, I just forgot to take it down." To which I replied, "Well, it's 5:00 in the evening on Monday, if the sales were over yesterday, shouldn't the signs have been taken down as well?" She looked at me like I had just written a novel and said, "probably". I was floored! She didn't even tell me she would give the sale price. I immediately turned around and walked out. Guess I'll be waiting on the next for sure sale before I get my peppermint candles...booo!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I went to bath and body on black friday and it was a MAD house in there! Crazy! I cannot believe she didn't give you the discount...that is misadvertisement! She should have done it!

Jenna said...

I only made it to one store on BF as well! I've never smelled the twisted peppermint...I'll have to check it out! Sounds good!

Post a Comment

I Like Them

Our Visitors!

Follow Me!

Follow cward13 on Twitter
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved