Thursday, December 24, 2009

This post is brought to you by the letter M

So it's been a while...but my life has just been so busy I haven't had a minute to sit down! Last weekend, was our first weekend of winter break. We had so much fun with so much crammed into a couple of days.

I'll start with Saturday

MAKEOVER!
This is my mom!

About a month ago, I entered a contest to win my mom a makeover and guess what? She won!!! There wasn't any pictures involved in entering- otherwise, she wouldn't have won because she is beautiful just as she is! I just wrote an essay and they picked mine and I surprised my mom with a new look!
Above is her before look and here is her after!


I LOVE her haircut! I even thought about cutting mine like this. The color turned out fabulous and really suits her. Christina did a wonderful job! If you are in the DFW area, make an appointment with her now at Salon 306.
Later Saturday evening...
MUSICAL!
Tom and I have enjoyed going to the theatre lately for musicals. We went to see Legally Blonde this past summer and Saturday night we went to see 101 Dalmations! It was absolutely adorable. They didn't use the dogs as much as I would have hoped but it was still super cute! If you have a chance to see this musical, go do it!
Sunday...
MMMMMMM!!!!!
At our classroom Christmas party, a sweet parent of mine brought me the most fabulous treat- my new favorite Christmas candy actually! She was even kind enough to give me the recipe! I'm taking this to my in laws tonight! YUMMMY!!!
I'm passing this recipe along to you all...I had all of the ingredients in my pantry and made this as soon as I got this recipe. Enjoy!!!

Christmas Bark
1 cup butter (this is real butter friends, save the margarine for your momma! Ha!)
½ cup light brown sugar
1 sleeve saltines
12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
Sprinkles or nuts

Preheat oven to 350.
Lay out saltines in a rimmed baking sheet that’s been lined with parchment paper.
Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. (You can tell when it’s ready because the brown sugar will be totally blended in.)
Pour butter mixture over saltines, spreading evenly.
Bake for 15 minutes.
When it comes out of the oven, pour the chocolate chips over (I put mine back in the oven for about 3 minutes) and once they start to melt, spread them out over the saltines. Top with nuts or sprinkles.
Refrigerate until it hardens, about 1 hour. Remove from fridge and break into pieces.

Finally...
Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Becky said...

That is so sweet that you entered your Mommy for a makeover! She is so pretty anyways, but her haircut looks fabulous and so does the color! BRAVO!

Post a Comment

I Like Them

Our Visitors!

Follow Me!

Follow cward13 on Twitter
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved