Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fried Food Capital or The Texas State Fair

Alright, I skipped work to go with Tom to the fair on Friday. Bad, yes, I know but so much fun and so worth it. We had an unbelievably beautiful day and had the weekend to rest, well, sort of. The fair is my favorite time of year. I know that fall is around the corner, Thanksgiving break will be here soon and I get to try the best foods made better by just being fried. This year, the winner of the best taste of the fair was Fried Butter. You got it right friends, fried butter. Tom and I decided to skip that heart attack on a plate and go with our usuals. We had fried snickers, Yummy! We also tried a fried peanut butter cup macaroon. It was also very good. The vendor tried to get us to taste a fried hunny bun but I was too full after a Fletcher's corny dog and the fried sweet treats. We thought we would go back before we left and taste it but we didn't.

We also browsed the auto show while we were at the fair and took a peek at some possibilities for my next vehicle. We are highly considering the Infiniti FX 35 and the Nissan Murano. Both are very similar but we want to make sure we get the most bang for our buck. The Nissan with all the options is basically the Infiniti. I love them both and would be happy with either one. I just want to be able to pop a baby seat in the back and have room for shopping bags and my dog too. We are going to go to the dealerships where we can get more one on one attention and actually test drive both vehicles before making a final decision. I'll keep you posted on our selection.

Well, it's Sunday and we are having a rainy, gray day here in Texas. It's unfortunately supposed to be yucky all week. I'm glad that Tom and I hit the fair this past week because this week doesn't look to good at all to be spending time outside. The Cowboys just lost at the last second and I need to grab some laundry out of the dryer and start my yummy baked potato soup for dinner. I hope my headache is gone by the morning or my Monday will be a long day!

1 comments:

Becky said...

I have never been to the Texas state fair, but that ferris wheel just scares me to death from the freeway! Looks like it was a pretty day when ya'll were there, I don't know if it will ever quit raining! Did you try the fried butter? LOL!

Post a Comment

I Like Them

Our Visitors!

Follow Me!

Follow cward13 on Twitter
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved