Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Feast!

Last night was my weenie roast to celebrate my 30th with my close friends and family. Tom's entire family came in town to help celebrate. It was fun to see Tom's neice and her husband, Kendall and Clayton. Kendall has just a few more weeks of student teaching before she graduates. She wants to teach Kindergarten! It obviously runs in the family since her mom teaches Kindergarten too! (Sorry, I didn't take any pictures from the roast, but I'm hoping to get some from my parents)

Tonight is supposed to be pretty chilly with lows in the 40's so I'm making our new favorite dish- Turkey Chili Mac. It's so good and so easy! I love finding new crock pot recipes! They are great for those days you don't want to cook or long days at work! I've included the recipe below in case you want to try it out!

Turkey Chili Mac
1/2 pound ground turkey
1 can undrained Mexican style tomatoes (Del Monte)
1 can undrained no salt added diced tomatoes
1 can drained and rinsed black beans
1 cup (or a bit more) frozen corn
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
1/2 cup (or more) uncooked elbow macaroni

Brown meat and drain, combine turkey, beans, tomatoes, corn, garlic, onion and seasoning in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours. Add macaroni and stir. Cover and cook 10 minutes then stir again. Cook for an additonal 20 to 30 minutes until macaroni is tender.

We are also having southwestern cornbread tonight with our turkey mac. I've never tried freezing this dish because there is never enough left to freeze! I think over Thanksgiving I'm going to make a double batch and try freezing it, I may also try using leftover turkey too! We are always looking for something to do with the leftover turkey besides sandwiches! Ha!

Well, I've already cleaned house from the party aftermath, finished another load of laundry, completed school work and lesson plans, taken Maggie for a run and dinner is almost ready! All I have to do now is plan what in the world I'm wearing to work this week. I always try to lay out my clothes for the whole week so it makes my mornings move a bit faster. I have parent teacher conferences tomorrow until about 5:30 and then I'm heading to an event that I'm super excited about...I will share details about that later on, don't worry! Hope everyone had a relaxing Sunday! I'm glad mine was relaxing and productive! Yes, relaxing to me does include running the vacuum and cleaning bathrooms..crazy I know!!! Enjoy your week ya'll!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Like Them

Our Visitors!

Follow Me!

Follow cward13 on Twitter
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved