Friday, April 2, 2010

Lots of Thoughts

Happy Good Friday! I was lucky enough to have today off. Tom was not as lucky. His alarm woke me up this morning and I actually turned back over and went back to sleep for about 15 minutes. Maggie then started whining for her "morning pets" and Tom and I loved on her for a bit. Around 6:30 we decided to get up. I got ready and went to the grocery store and Tom left for work. I wanted to get my shopping done before the big storms rolled in. I got home and put groceries away and took a shower. Maggie is on medicine for her lick granuloma (story coming up next on this) so she has been lazy today which in turn caused me to be. Sleep is a good thing on a rainy day!

So, Maggie started licking her arm after we had her teeth cleaned in November. She licked it raw and basically wouldn't leave it alone. We took her to the vet and he recommended putting her on Prozac- my answer was NO. I'm not starting my dog on a drug like Prozac that can't be discontinued easily. We put her on an antibiotic for 6 weeks and her arm healed up. Well, she went in over spring break for her comprehensive exam and low and behold, the licking began after the bloodwork. I took her in last week to the vet and the crazy man says, "I don't typically like to medicate animals, I prefer to try other methods first." I was floored, I almost lost it on this crazy man. He tells us to walk her and that will help. So, we walk her, not healing (don't think for a minute that I thought it would.) I decided I was calling the vet back and this time, demanding medicine. I call and get medicine for my baby! Her arm is looking a bit better but she really needs another week of antibiotic in my opinion.

Next piece of information...I had a rough day yesterday. A friend of mine who I'm not really sure if she is a friend anymore since she well, it's not important, announced that she is expecting. I cried and cried and cried some more. I don't know why it's so hard for me to hear that another friend is pregnant. Maybe it's because with each day that passes, I feel that my chances to become a mom are getting slimmer and slimmer. I know that we have a plan and I'm hoping the plan works out but it's just hard waiting.

I have been lazy today but I suppose it's time to get a jump on things. I do have pizza dough rising for dinner tonight. I have a load of clothes in the wash and I'm going to do a bit of straightening up and then I'm settling in for a little movie night with the hubs. Yeah for long weekends!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am just feeling for you today as I re-red your post. I know all too well what it's like to be WAITING for something you want so badly. You feel like it's never going to happen, but you keep pushing forward, hoping that God's plan for you will be revealed. While I don't know all of the details behind your fertility struggle, please know that your chances of becoming a mom are NOT getting slimmer. IT WILL happen!!!

Tommy Duff said...

Keep your head up. You still have a lot of years left to have children. My mom was almost 33 when my parents had me, and my father was almost 40. In fact, one of my first memories is of my dad's 40th birthday.

It will come. It just takes patience.

Post a Comment

I Like Them

Our Visitors!

Follow Me!

Follow cward13 on Twitter
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved