Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday on Thursday!

Happy Birthday to this big guy!



We celebrated Tom's birthday on Wednesday night with his parents and my step dad. Mom is still in South Carolina taking care of her sister who has cancer. Please keep my aunt in your prayers as well as mom who is taking on more stress that she really doesn't need. I am so proud of my mom and I miss her alot. I'm used to talking to her everyday- no matter what, we chat even if it's just for a minute. She is really my best friend and I have no idea what I would do without her. I hate that I can't be with her in South Carolina or simply take this burden from her. I'm praying that everything goes well.

Anyhow, Tom got lots of nice gifts for his big day! He got lots of things for our yard and patio, a new grill cover, patio lights, outdoor fan and speakers. We are ready to have a pool party for sure now!!! I picked him up a new shirt and watch for our Hawaii trip in a couple weeks! We had Larry fajitas (for those of you who aren't familiar with these, they are my step dad's famous recipe that we love. We NEVER eat fajitas out anymore cause these are too fabulous!) I also stopped off and picked up rice, beans, chips and salsa from On The Border for our little party. Yummy, yum!
In preparation for this little party, Kara and I went to get pedicures and relax a bit. It was quite fun and pretty entertaining especially when I opted to get a little crazy and go with the zebra stripes on my pink toes!
I also fell off the diet bandwagon this week when Kara convinced me that I needed a stop at Cold Stone! I actually traded in my usual cake batter ice cream choice for the limited time Chocolate Jello pudding ice cream. I added some peanut butter as a mix in because really, if you are gonna splurge you might as well make it worth your while, right? My suggestion, skip the pudding ice cream- it's a bit too creamy- unless you like that of course!



Tonight is Girl's Night Out! Kara and I are heading to the harbor for the Concert on the Lake. We are unfortunately missing our pal Janelle. Come Home Soon my friend!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Like Them

Our Visitors!

Follow Me!

Follow cward13 on Twitter
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved