Friday, July 24, 2009

Show Us Your Life- Wedding Dress

March, 12, 2005

My wedding dress was an Oleg Cassini, who also designed clothes for Jackie O. I saw the dress in a bridal magazine a few months before I got engaged and luckily, the weekend after I got engaged, mom and I went shopping and found it. Unfortunately, not on sale but it was well worth it. It was the first one that I tried on and I just knew it was the one. Mom did convince me to try on a couple more but we both fell in love with the first one!

Twenty three layers of tulle create the skirt with a cathedral length train. The sleevless top is adorned with caviar beading and Swarovski crystals. The dress was extremely heavy but fit perfectly with just a slight nip and tuck in the top to keep it from falling off of me!

I haven't had the dress heirloomed because I learned from a coworker what she did with her dress and I plan to do the same one day with my daughter which is every year on my daughter's birthday, I will put her in my wedding gown and take a picture with the hopes that one day, she will wear my gown on her wedding day.


And yes, I did wear my pink Uggs for my entire ceremony and reception! The congregation never knew until we were pronounced man and wife and we were walking down the aisle and I lifted my skirt up to walk down the steps. I did get lots of compliments about how unique and original it was. I got the biggest compliment from a friend's daughter who said she would be doing the same thing at her wedding one day!!!

1 comments:

Delightful Dwelling said...

Gorgeous dress, I love that first photo. I started laughing when I saw the last shot with the boots, too funny.

Post a Comment

I Like Them

Our Visitors!

Follow Me!

Follow cward13 on Twitter
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved