Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Skagway, Alaska

Next stop, Skagway! Skagway was by far my favorite stop next to dog sledding in Juneau of course. I loved the little small town atmosphere that Skagway encompassed. Several times we mentioned that it was like we were on a movie set or in Disney. The town felt so home like and I truly fell in love. We went to a couple of shops before we set off on our train ride through Skagway and into Canada to enjoy the beauty and hopefully get some awesome photos. A couple of the stores that were on my must see list were Sarah Palin's store and Sugar Mama's. Sugar Mama's has cool vintage toys and cupcakes- yummy! Sarah Palin's store has well...Sarah Palin!

A quick stop for Starbuck's treats!

Then Tom and I set off for the White Pass train ride. I'm not going to bore you all with the hundreds of pictures of mountain scenes that I snapped photos of!


Then we met Mark and Jane and headed to get some dinner at this cute little restaurant. We had fish and chips for the second day because Alaskan fish and chips is made with yummy halibut!

I really could move to Alaska and from the research that I did, they need teachers!

1 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

oh I could move there too. Best vacation Ive ever taken that we're going again next summer. Wasn't the train awesome? It was so beautiful!!

Post a Comment

I Like Them

Our Visitors!

Follow Me!

Follow cward13 on Twitter
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved