Sunday, August 16, 2009

A day of rest!

I have truly enjoyed my Sunday! Today started off with sleeping in a bit then up for a bowl of Cap'n Crunch then floating in the pool for a while. I then came in and took a shower and a long nap. In between all of that I decided to try Amanda's teriyaki chicken in the crock pot. It smells pretty good and I can't wait to try it for dinner tonight. Why am I being so lazy and carefree today you ask? Well, tomorrow school starts back. It is only a week of staff development complete with meetings, long lunches and catching up with friends but it also means long days of setting up my classroom and getting ready to meet my new friends! I have done lots from home this summer. I made new curtains for my room, wrote some plans, organized materials, ordered some new books and made my first day of school gifts. However, it's still the fact that summer is over that makes me sad. I actually enjoyed this summer. I got in the pool regularly each week, redecorated my family room, did LOTS of shopping with my mom and bonded with Maggie. That is what I will miss most when I go back to work, my Maggie. We have decided that she is not going to be crated this year. We are going to leave her to run the house. I'm not sure that is a great idea but we are going to try it out. We have left her periodically this summer and she hasn't destroyed too much- only her bed actually. I think as long as we leave her out with some chew toys, she will be fine. Besides, how can you crate this sweet face?

For those of you with dogs, how old were they when you finally decided to put the crate away?

PS. I know most dogs love their crates, or this is what we have heard anyway, Maggie despises the crate and runs and hides under the bed when she thinks she has to get in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Like Them

Our Visitors!

Follow Me!

Follow cward13 on Twitter
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved